Social Distancing Precautions
Concerns over the coronavirus have put cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing as a number one priority. We have been seeing an increased demand for deep cleanings. If you need to schedule one, please let us know in advance so we can properly accommodate. Sanitizing surfaces is not the same as disinfecting. The cleaning industry is operating at a whole different level.
At Maid Solution, we have designed a color-coding system:
- Green micro-fiber rags for kitchen area
- White cotton terry towels for bathrooms
- Yellow micro-fiber rags for dusting.
- Blue micro-fiber rags for mirrors and glass.
- Orange micro-fiber rags for floors.
To avoid spreading germs from one space to another we will only use certain cloths in certain rooms. If you want to have your own supply of rags, sponges and toilet brush, let us know so we can send it on the next service.
The Kit contains:
- 20 micro-fiber colored codes rags for each area
- 10 cotton terry towels that would be placed in the washing machine after each service.
- Toilet brush with cup holder.
- 2 sponges with different colors for bathroom and kitchen.
This year, the coronavirus poses an additional challenge that we must manage. There is much we still do not know about this virus, but what we do know is that the same measures used to reduce the spread of the cold and flu are the best steps to take to protect ourselves from the coronavirus. In light of health concerns related to coronavirus, Maid Solution is taking additional measures throughout our business:
What Maid Solution is Doing:
- Actively monitoring COVID-19 updates.
- All of our employees participated in a weekly meeting to go over the CDC and WHO guidelines.
- Each one of our vehicles is equipped with sanitizing hand-wipes and spray sanitizer for hard surfaces.
- None of our employees have recently traveled to any of the affected countries/cities or have been exposed to someone sick with COVID-19.
- We ask our employees to stay home if they are not feeling well. Since our teams meet at the office each morning, we check with every team member to make sure they are well, and we will send them home if they are not.
- We are waiving the $40 late-notice cancellation/re-scheduling fee if an appointment needs to be postponed because someone is sick in the client’s household.
When Cleaning Each Home:
- We use gloves and shoe covers . We will dispose of them in the trash at each property.
- All microfiber rags/cotton terry rags used to clean each home go in a plastic bag to be washed with bleach and hot water daily.
- We disinfect surfaces, especially door handles and frequently touched objects.
- All trash collected is disposed in each home in tied up plastic bags.
- We use one vacuum bag per home, so nothing is tracked between properties.
- We are using cleaning agents that are approved by the EPA for use during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak that are effective to sanitize all surfaces.
We train our team members and encourage our clients to use best practices to reduce the chance of spreading infection, including:
- Frequently wash hands with soap and water using a method that removes germs from all parts of the hand, which takes 40 to 60 seconds.
- Carry a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and use it frequently.
- Keep hands away from mouth, nose and eyes – which is how most people get the virus.
- Cover mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
We ask that if any client has a household member who is exhibiting flu like symptoms to please notify our office so we can reschedule cleanings until they are well. There will be no cancellation fees for illness related cancellations.
If you are working from home or your kids are in the house, we would like to practice social distancing of 6 feet. Some of our clients stay in the basement until we are done in the other levels and then they move to a different level. Other clients have been going out for walks while we service their home and many other outdoor activities. All these changes have been implemented so we can all be safe and continue providing the essential service of sanitizing and disinfecting your home in a responsible way.
All of our staff really appreciates your cooperation. Thanks to all the clients that have sent extra payments to support our business in this difficult time. All of our teams feel extremely appreciated and are immensely thankful for your generosity.
I apologize for sending so many emails, but we are taking this matter very seriously and taking all the precautions. We are staying positive and are happy to know that you have chosen our company over others.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call me.
703-971-5753 ext 1